HEADER PHOTO

HEADER PHOTO

Guest Blog: The Frustrations of a Picky Eater.

Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Let me start by saying my children for the most part are very good eaters. They usually eat all of their meals including fruits and vegetables. I have never been the mom to cook separate meals for my kids, they eat what we are eating and that is that.

The past 3-4 weeks my daughter who is 5 today has been a complete nightmare. Bringing home full lunches, only having a few bites at dinner and constantly complaining about what I make. I really am at a loss of what to do. Dinners have always been my least favourite time of day because she is such a slow eater. Since she is in full day school exhaustion can now be added to the mix. We are constantly having to remind her to stop talking and to take another bite. I don't know if that's normal but it's something we have to do or she will go on and on and not eat.

My son who is 22 months old is an amazing eater. He shovels food into his mouth like it's going out of style. I hate to compare the two of them, but I do find myself sometimes saying, "look at your brothers plate, he is done". Dinners almost always end up with my daughter in tears, facing a time out or my husband or myself raising our voices.

I want, no I NEED some solace at mealtime. I don't know when or if this will happen anytime soon, but it's getting to the point where I dread sitting down to eat. I don't know what has come over her all of a sudden and I wish I knew what to do to get her back on track.

In her lunch tomorrow she has her bagel, an assortment of fruit, water and a yogurt. There is no juice, and absolutely no junk! If this lunch comes home untouched I think I may cry.

I really hope this is just a phase that she snaps out of quickly. Of course I understand kids don't like everything us adults do and certain things definitely don't strike their taste buds. I just want her to be eating the way she was just a few short weeks ago.

If you have any experience with picky eaters, suggestions or tips please leave a comment. I am getting quite desperate. Thanks for reading and have a wonderful Wednesday!! Heidi <3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Hover Pin It Code

 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design