HEADER PHOTO

HEADER PHOTO

It's Official! I'm a Soccer Mom!

Saturday, June 07, 2014

Tuesday was a big day in our house. My two oldest boys started soccer. It's been a long time coming and we are so lucky we were able to get them into where we did because they absolutely loved it!

We decided we'd make the first night of games a family occasion! Jayden's game was for 530-630pm and Jordan's 730p-830p so we decided we'd watch Jayden's then go grab pizza at the pizza place and go hang out at the picnic tables having our dinner then go watch Jordan. It didn't really end up going the way we planned. After dinner and a good nursing session P ended up taking 3 kids home - the 2 littlest and Ava, while I stayed with Jordan, Jayden and Kyla because it was just too much for the others they were tired.

The boys uniforms weren't ready yet. They should be in this coming Tuesday so they had to wear their team color shirts - Jayden Orange (Uruguay) and Jordan Red (Portugal). I can't wait to see them in full uniforms!


Jayden has never played soccer before, ever. But we were pleasantly surprised that he was actually really, really good! I think only twice did he go towards the wrong net with the ball, as did many other kids so it wasn't just him. It was really awesome to watch him, and be that really loud mom I've been DYING to be cheering my kids on doing what they love! Jayden's game ended after an hour of play and his team won! 7-0! He almost scored twice! Can't wait for the next game! Very, very proud mama right here!


Jordan is a veteran when it comes to soccer. That boy has skills. He has been playing soccer for the last few years and gets VERY competitive, dramatic and emotional when it comes to the game. His team was losing 4-0 for the first half an hour, then during the last they tied it up and the game ended at 4-4. Jordan got 3 assists! Again, very proud mama right here!

Do any of your kids play sports? Please tell me this awesome, proud feeling doesn't go away! I have a feeling I will be THAT mom hooting, and hollering every single time and I think my boys will love it!

23 comments:

  1. Awwww, I remember my days as a soccer mom. Full of adventures and running around like a crazy person

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww, he is so cute. Both of my boys have played soccer, but they both ended up trading it in for karate. Now I am a karate mom :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww, and he's such a cute soccer dude. You are sure to have a ton of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww! I remember those days! We started when my was 3! Now we let him go to the basketball courts by himself, it is hard to let go!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jayden is looking so grown with that hair cut! I love it! And I love the new look of the blog! I want to get Birdie into some sports, but I'm not sure what yet.

    Boba + Pearls

    ReplyDelete
  6. My Daughter used to be a cheerleader. That was many years ago. Both of my Granddaughter played sports... one basketball, one cheered.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How fun! They look great in their uniforms :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am sure that I will be a soccer mom. My son is still little, but he loves his soccer ball. He calls it his "kick-it ball."

    ReplyDelete
  9. First kudos to you for having 6 kids...me and you are the same and I havent even had one so I know you are one tough cookie! Yes around that age kiddies are into all sorts of sports my nephew did baseball at your son's age and now into football and he is considering soccer soon too! So be prepared for a sport change up too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've got a bowler, a golfer and a gymnast. I never get tired of watching them do what they love!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love soccer! We usually do soccer but it was full this year, so we tried t-ball. We loved that too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats! I am sure you will have lots of fun. I can't wait until my boys are in sports.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Aww, what cuties! I'm sure your boys are going to have a blast playing soccer. Sounds like you have a fun summer ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  14. another soccer mom here!! 3 games yesterday, 2 practices and 3 games today. welcome to the club :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. OH how funny - last year I said that..this year I get to say "first time T-ball mommy" - have fun...you'll love watching all the little ones run around!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. My boys start soccer this week and it will be my youngest son's first time. They always look so cute in their uniforms! Hope you all have a great season.

    ReplyDelete
  17. My sons played sports, one played college baseball. We had some great times with their involvement in sports and so many good memories. Enjoy. It goes by so fast.

    ReplyDelete
  18. My oldest daughter plays soccer and now both of my boys want to. My daughter does gymnastics. :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Congratulations! I was a Hockey Mom, Dance Mom, Baseball Mom, Gymnast Mom and Wrestling Mom. The boys were in traveling until Highschool same with my daughter. The one sport they never played was soccer. Even as hockey players I figured they would of played soccer.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Congrats on starting sports with your son! I don't have kids yet but I think sports are a great way to teach kids discipline and teamwork.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I LOVE Soccer. I was so thrilled when my 16 year old said he wanted to play. Unfortunately he decided to not play when we went to do camp sign ups. Right now we just have a gymnast, my 8 year old son. I'm still holding out hope one of the others will show interest in soccer. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Welcome to the wonderful world of soccermomdom! lolol I was a soccer mom with my oldest child a few years ago. I was a really great experience!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I've been thinking of signing my son up for soccer. We tried a few classes and he loved it. Your kids will also. Plus it will tire them out.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Hover Pin It Code

 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design