HEADER PHOTO

HEADER PHOTO

A Little Piece of Hollywood North

Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Yesterday was my daughter Ava's 7th Birthday. We had planned on a girls day and she requested going to the Ripley's Aquarium of Canada.

We woke up, ate breakfast and off we went. And kept going. The line? Was all the way down the street and around the corner. Some people had been waiting over an hour. It was hot, the girls were hungry and no one wanted to wait.

We kept walking and decided we would go for lunch and have a mini shopping spree for Av's day.

We walked and walked and finally happened upon some filming. Of course we had to stop. At first I thought it was my favourite tv show that I've been obsessed with lately, Suits. I didn't see anyone I recognized though but I got out my phone anyways to see what I could get.




Hmmm, that guy looks familiar. Of course! It's Peter Gallagher (of "the OC" fame) so awesome! I tweeted asking if anyone knew what was filming in Toronto with Peter Gallagher. I was too impatient so searched and found it was the tv show Covert Affairs. I haven't ever seen it, so I had no idea what it was.

I know lots of filming happens in Toronto it's even been dubbed "Hollywood North" Toronto. I however never see it, ever. So we stopped for a few minutes, I took out my camera for some photos while we watched them film a scene.





 Pretty cool if you ask me!

I was checking out what all is filming in Toronto right now and not only is my favourite Suits filming but so is an Adam Sandler movie called Pixels, Rookie Blue (a Canadian hit we love!), Degrassi, Property Brothers and more! I thought was pretty cool. I often see photos of Suits filming on social media so Jordan has asked if I could take him on a lunch date downtown in the areas and see if we can catch a glimpse next week. Harvey Specter? Mike Ross? Who am I to say no?

Have you ever stumbled upon a famous person while out and about? What about a filming? Talk about fun!

44 comments:

  1. Happy birthday to your little one. It's awesome that yall stumbled upon a filming! That doesn't ever happen here in Texas :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Bday!! Glad she had a fun day for her special day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How cool is that . . . plus I love Covert Affairs and Suits! What an exciting day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Growing up in California people thought I would see things like this all of the time but we honestly never did. So cool for you and your daughter!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy birthday to your girl! I love stumbling across sets. We occasionally have them in my city - right now they're filming within a couple of miles of my house. It's pretty fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How cool! A fun celebrity spotting on a birthday too? Awesome! We love Covert Affairs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is so cool! I've never stumbled on a professional filming but me and a group of friends used to film funny short skits, it was so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is really cool! There really are a lot of things being filmed in Toronto now.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Here in NYC I work downtown and see lots of celebs just out and about. I'm bad though about recognizing them though!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I stumbled onto the set of American Horror Story when I was visiting Louisiana--it was so cool! Looks like you had fun with this run in with Hollywood!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Soooo Cool!!! Didn't know Toronto was "Hollywood North" either.

    ReplyDelete
  12. That would be really neat to see. We never get that stuff out here in rural Kansas.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh wow!! VERY cool indeed! All bet you are glad you kept walking!! So neat!

    ReplyDelete
  14. wow! I would totally try to be in the movie. I would love to witness that

    ReplyDelete
  15. That is so neat! I would love to be that close and see it all being done. Good thing you kept walking!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Good for you!! It's always fun to watch the behind-the-scenes when Hollywood (or in this case Toronto) magic is being created!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Happy Birthday to Ava! Glad you had such a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love that you had a celebrity sighting! We live in Atlanta aka Hollywood East:)

    ReplyDelete
  19. That's pretty cool! At least you got in some fun even though you couldn't go to the aquarium.

    ReplyDelete
  20. How fun! It's amazing how many movies are made in Canada now.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Well what an awesome day to stumble upon that. Happt Birthday to your young one.

    ReplyDelete
  22. How neat! Sadly nothing like this ever happens where I live LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  23. It's so cool that they were taping Covert Affairs near you! Happy birthday to Ava, by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hope your daughter had a great time! We sometimes stumble upon filming in Phoenix too and it's always funny!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Fun! I wouldn't mind running into the property brothers filming. They are too cute. haha

    ReplyDelete
  26. That is so cool! THanks for sharing the pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  27. This is so cool! I would have loved to stumble upon celebs!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Very cool to get to see the filming! I adore Peter!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Thanks for sharing your photos. It was nice to get a look at the place through your photos and get a sense of the place even though I am far away.

    ReplyDelete
  30. I used to LOVE him on The Oc! He is a handsome older man ;) I haven't seen Covert Affairs but have heard awesome things about the show!

    ReplyDelete
  31. How lucky to stumble upon some shooting! Great photos and I love Peter Gallagher

    ReplyDelete
  32. That sounds like so much fun! I would totally be taking pictures and sharing about it too if that happened here on the California Central Coast!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Suits is my favorite show right now. Looks like you had fun even though you couldn't get in!

    ReplyDelete
  34. That would have been so cool to happen across! I wonder if he was filming an episode of Covert Affairs?!

    ReplyDelete
  35. That is definitely fun! You just never know when you will stumble across a set in Hollywood! Amber N

    ReplyDelete
  36. First off, happy birthday! I have never seen anyone famous or been to a filming, but thing the experience would be totally cool!

    ReplyDelete
  37. I met Jason Hawes from Ghost Hunters - but I was at his Inn nearby. They used to throw amazing Fourth of July family parties!

    ReplyDelete
  38. How fun! I would love to visit Hollywood. I've never been.

    ReplyDelete
  39. When i used to live in Toronto many years ago i would be a extra for a few shows that would film in the area. What a fun day you had. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  40. That's so cool! It must have been fun to see.

    ReplyDelete
  41. Happy birthday, Ava! Sounds like you all had a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  42. When I was in Chicago, I saw Keanu Reeves. They were shooting the movie Chain Reaction.

    ReplyDelete
  43. Happy Birthday to Ava. How neat that you stumbled upon the filming while you were out.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Hover Pin It Code

 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design