HEADER PHOTO

HEADER PHOTO

Guest Blog: Living Through Construction

Wednesday, March 05, 2014

We have lived in our home for just over 5 years. We have been talking for some time about finishing our basement. Our house was a new build so there is nothing down there but a cement floor and some insulation on the walls. Our house isn't very big, so we definitely want to complete this project to get the most space out of our house.

About a month ago my husband finally started working on the basement. We know this project isn't going to be done overnight because he is only working on it in his free time from his regular daytime job. So far most of the framing has been completed and drywall is going up in certain areas. Then we will move our belongings to the other side of the room and finish that.

I know I have been waiting for 5 years already, but I REALLY want this done. I seriously cannot wait and am beyond excited. It is currently such a mess, as expected. I can't wait for the fun parts to buy paint, pick out flooring and decorating of course. (Yes I'm such a woman)

With the kids being sick, my daughters birthday, hubby's crazy work schedule and now him being sick nothing has been worked on in over a week. I know it will eventually get done, but it's so hard to wait. I can handle it much better because it isn't right in front of me. I have a hard time living through construction and mess, I get anxiety over it all. Interestingly enough I can close the door and it all disappears...except when I do laundry, but I'm okay with that.

Hopefully sooner than later I can write a blog saying that my basement is done. Wish us luck!

Is anyone else renovating or changing things up in your house/apartment? Do you love or hate the whole process? Tell us about it.

I hope you all have a wonderful Wednesday. Heidi

4 comments:

  1. My husband is a construction worker, so we're sort of like that dentist that has bad teeth type of thing. Our house is full of almost-finished projects. It used to bother me, but it doesn't so much any more because everything that's leftover is mostly unsightly and that areas are still functional.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My ex was in construction and he would start projects and let them sit then get back

    ReplyDelete
  3. My comment sent too quick! Please post after shots I would love to see how it turns out !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi
    I read your post and i appreciate your efforts. The information that you share in the above article is very nice and useful .All the things that you share with people, are very nice. Thanks for this article.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Hover Pin It Code

 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design