HEADER PHOTO

HEADER PHOTO

SURPRISE!

Wednesday, June 11, 2014

My Birthday isn't until July 29th so you could imagine my shock and excitement when my husband and Jordan went out for a quick little shopping trip early afternoon yesterday and came home with a little surprise for me! They got me a Nikon camera!


I already have a digital camera, a Canon but in the beginning of last summer it stopped working. I tucked it away and just relied on my iPhone. Well, after attending some concerts and live event's we quickly realized iPhone's are perfect for all occasions and lighting conditions. We had talked about getting me a new camera for some time, so I was truly thrilled when they got me this one! It's a Nikon Coolpix L830. I absolutely love it. It isn't a huge fancy DSLR or anything extravagant but it's a big upgrade from all my previous cameras and it's perfect for me, and what I need a camera for. I love it, and took it outside today for a few test images. I need to figure it out still, as I just got it last night after I got home from the boys' soccer games at 9pm but I think it will be easy and quick to figure out!

I can't get over the zoom on this camera. I took a photo of an Airplane that was extremely far and we could hardly see it from where we were and was shocked at what I saw... Just check out some of the shots I got:







Jayden was home so he volunteered to take some action shots with me, and I think they turned out pretty great! I am sure I will get lots of use out of this camera. I'm over the moon with it! 


33 comments:

  1. Happy early birthday! I also just got a new camera, the little Canons stopped doing it for me. I love the iPhone and iPad pics, but sometimes you need better! Enjoy!
    Mitch

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want a new camera SO bad! I have a Canon right now but the quality really isn't up to par. I would loev to invest in a Nikon. Can't wait to see your photos with this :) I bet you'll master it in no time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love this camera too. Hubs and I bought a cheap digital camera about 2 months ago but this one would so top it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a very nice camera. I have a Nikon and I love mine!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is so lovely that your hubs and son did that for you.Really great shots i need a camera like this rather than my silly phone camera lol.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is an awesome gift. Happy Early Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I had a Nikon point-and-shoot camera for a long time before I got my Nikon DSLR. I love Nikon cameras!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay!!! Good job DH! A good point-and-shoot is definitely a step up from an iphone and one step closer to a DSLR. You'll be begging for a DSLR in no time.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a nice surprise! My hubby would never ever go and get me a camera! Good job to your hubby!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy early birthday!!! I'm so happy you got a good camera. The smartphones work great but you are right sometimes you need more! Thanks for the review and photos.

    ReplyDelete
  11. HAPPY DANCE. A new camera is on my list of things to buy. (Happy early Birthday)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have a Canon DSLR, but I haven't had the time to fully learn it. I have considered just going back to a point and shoot - this would looks really nice!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What an awesome gift! Your pics are great!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy almost bday! What a great gift!

    ReplyDelete
  15. You're going to have so much summer fun this year with that! I can't believe the detail on the airplane!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sounds like a great camera. Nice early birthday present. Can't wait to see the pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  17. What an awesome gift! My mom has one similar and it takes great photos. I may need to downsize as my Nikon 3100 gets to be a pain some times.

    ReplyDelete
  18. That is awesome! I got a DSLR for my birthday last year and I love it, but I too need to spend more time learning the ins and outs of the camera. Have you taken any courses? I really want to take a class to get a more hands on learning experience with someone who knows the camera and can teach me what I need to know.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Yay! New cameras are always fun! This one looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  20. So exciting! I love my Nikon! I spent the first week with it taking pictures of anything and everything!

    ReplyDelete
  21. How fun! I love that they surprised you. That's a great camera!

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a lucky lady! How awesome they decided to surprise you early with such a great gift!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love your surprise! Great that you're able to capture amazing photos again!

    ReplyDelete
  24. That is so lovely that your husband and son did that for you! The camera is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Sweet! That is an awesome birthday present. Have fun with your new camera!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Oh that is a nice zoom! And a nice present. :) Props to the husband!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. You captured some great shots! That's such an awesome gift!

    ReplyDelete
  28. What an awesome early birthday gift! You have some great pix there!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Wow, what an awesome present - I'd be so happy to get this! It takes great shots too!

    ReplyDelete
  30. That is such a thoughtful gift. It looks like you'll be putting this surprise to great use. Love your pics!

    ReplyDelete
  31. That would be THE BEST EVER birthday gift for me also! My birthday is in September, wonder if my parents and sister would be interested in pooling together and getting me one...

    ReplyDelete
  32. What an awesome gift. I have hinted at one recently. I think I'll need to hint for a few more years before one materializes.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Hover Pin It Code

 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design