HEADER PHOTO

HEADER PHOTO

Day 1 of dieting... Oh what FUN!

Thursday, January 02, 2014

Happy New year all! Yesterday I started my new diet. I want to shed all pregnancy weight completely. I haven't in the last 3 babies, so it's time. I don't have a ton of weight to lose but I'm not comfortable with where I'm at right now, and I want to feel better about myself so I've decided to change how I eat and start exercising daily. Yesterday was a bit of a challenge. I cut back on soda, and cut sweets out (besides some healthy snacks I will be introducing myself)  I also made a rule not to snack after 7pm which I hear is bad bad bad for you. So I was a bit overwhelmed yesterday but I got through it. During the day I decided to make a few snacks just to have in the fridge...

I made homemade apple sauce, 2 ingredient cookies and 2 loafs of banana bread. One with a handful of chocolate chips and one with strawberries!

Homemade apple sauce - in the crock pot is literally the easiest thing to make ever. Wash, Peel, and chop up 20 apples. Put 1/4 cup of water in the bottom of crock pot, add apples, top with as much cinnamon as your heart desires and cook on low for 6 hours. Mash, and ENJOY! Yum, so so so delicious and easy. Not to mention the house smells like amazing apples and cinnamon all day.

Then I made 2 ingredient cookies. There's an option to add extra ingredients so I decided to add a small handful of chocolate chips. All this takes? 1 cup rolled oats, 2 bananas mashed... You can add a handful of chocolate chips, nuts, raisins, cranberries.. Whatever you have. Bake on 350 for 15 (I did 13 as my oven is super hot) and enjoy! So good, my kids are now obsessed with these cookies.

Cookies all done! Easy, and quick for delicious cookies!

Lastly I had some more bananas left over so I make 2 loafs of banana bread. One with strawberries and one with a handful of chocolate chips (can you tell I miss chocolate already and need juts a little bit?) I used my normal recipe, and added the strawberries/chocolate chips at the end!

 2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup butter
3/4 cup brown sugar
2 eggs, beaten  
2 1/3 cups mashed overripe bananas

  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease a loaf pan.
  2. In a large bowl, combine flour, baking soda and salt. In a separate bowl, cream together butter and brown sugar. Stir in eggs and mashed bananas until well blended. Stir banana mixture into flour mixture; stir just to moisten. Add Chocolate Chips or Strawberries. Pour batter into prepared loaf pan.
  3. Bake in preheated oven for 60 to 65 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into center of the loaf comes out clean. Let bread cool in pan for 10 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack.  
  4. This recipe yeilds 1 loaf.


Tonight for dinner I am making Chicken Pot Pie soup from SKINNYTASTE.COM which I couldn't be more excited about. I'm trying a bunch of new recipes from there, and I'll share after! I can't believe the amount of recipes she has on her website, and how easy they all look. Who said eating healthy had to be bland and boring? I'm excited to start eating healthier and work out everyday, day 1 was a complete success lets hope it continues!






1 comment:

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Hover Pin It Code

 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design