HEADER PHOTO

HEADER PHOTO

Winter Sickness, AGAIN!

Tuesday, January 07, 2014

It's most definitely winter, not only outside but inside as well. I'm sick, again! This time instead of the flu I had a few weeks ago, I've got a horrible cold. It wouldn't be terribly bad except I now can't hear out of my right ear. That's never fun for anyone, at any given time.

3/6 kids also have the sniffles and are just feeling genuinely icky. What could be better than a big bowl of soup? What about home made Chicken Pot Pie soup?? Oh yes, I decided to make Skinny Taste's Chicken Pot Pie Soup the other night and it was amazing. It's the ultimate comfort food. It's creamy, loaded with veggies and big chunks of chicken.

 If you need some comfort food (who doesn't?) I highly suggest Skinny Tastes's Chicken Pot Pie Soup. My kid's even asked for seconds, and then wanted more the next day for lunch! It was really good, and easy to make! 

I've been doing my diet strictly for 5 days now, even though I started on the 1st (I didn't have a scale to start properly until 5 days ago!) and I have lost 8lbs in those 5 days. I feel amazing (minus this awful cold I'm battling) and I absolutely love how I'm eating now. I changed my diet 100% and I've started working out 20 minutes in the morning, and 20 minutes in the evening. Once the weather warms up I plan to go for runs, and jogs as well but right now that isn't an option in all the ice and freezing -35 temperatures we are having during the day right now.

Because of those awful temperatures we aren't getting out much, which can make a person go a little stir crazy. I've been keeping busy working, working out and making healthy, low cal snacks and treats for myself but I'd really love to go out for some walks, or perhaps a jog. I really can't wait for Spring to come. 

I have a wonderful review and giveaway coming up, have you ever heard of the Baby Shusher? Well, if you haven't you won't want to miss this. I will be reviewing one and giving one away. The baby shusher is a unique product that helps calmly soothe babies to sleep. Head on over to the website to have a little look! Stay tuned!


2 comments:

  1. Winter sucks for colds!! Hope everyone starts feeling better soon and the weather stops being so lame!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that soups looks incredible I will be making it! I'll be entering for the baby shusher I have the app it's great!

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Hover Pin It Code

 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design