HEADER PHOTO

HEADER PHOTO

Loving Where You Live

Friday, May 23, 2014

This August will mark 4 years since we moved to Toronto. We moved to Toronto from a much smaller city - 114,050 compared to Toronto (GTA) 6,054,191.. At  first I hated it. It was too big, I didn't have a clue how to get around anywhere and we had to take TTC public transportation because neither one of us drive! How fun right?  We lived in a 3 bedroom apartment, on the 25th floor of a shady building. I couldn't wait to get out of there - so we did, ASAP!

Well, now almost 4 years later I'm happy to say I absolutely love it here. I wouldn't want to move anywhere else, well... Unless somewhere hot all year 'round but that just wouldn't happen.

We moved to the house we live in March 2012.. I love where our house is located. It's close to a bunch of stores, a brand new mall, wal-mart, corner stores, little pizza joints, and its located right on the TTC bus and subway line, also the street car line. How perfect for us.

I honestly never realized how important it is to love where you live and what an impact it has on  overall happiness. At least for me, it's truly been an eye opener. Before moving into this house, and truly loving where I am living I was so different in terms of feelings, and how I felt every single day not just mood wise but health too, I haven't felt so good in a long while...

So Ava and I decided to take a stroll yesterday and take some photos to show you all where we live. How beautiful, peaceful and clam it truly is. People are quite surprised I live in Toronto when they see the photos because HOW? well, simple.. it's all about location.

 This is a pretty long pathway behind our house. It leads to our street and another street, but in between is a tiny little park.

The little park that is on the pathway. It's super small, but my kids love running to have a slide every now and then! Notice broken down trees? Those are left after the Ice Storm this winter that left a lot of us powerless over 24 HOURS.

At the top of the pathway, on our street a little sitting area. This little old lady across the road plants a ton of flowers and plants around it too.

One end of my street, I live at the other :)

This is my end. Way down there is a Dead End and my house, which you can see on the left near the end it's one of the bigger ones.

My street is full of little bungalows then you get to the end and it has some bigger houses, remodeled and redone... Which is where we live. It's very quiet, and mostly older people but a few small young families. We keep to ourselves basically, although our neighbours to the right are super amazing nice - teachers - we speak to them when we see them. Otherwise, we say hi to a few others but that's it. We like it and love our location.

Do you love where you live? Do you think it makes a difference with how you feel daily? I really do!

32 comments:

  1. I am born and raised in Boston (well, a little bit south of the city) and I always say that I would never want to live anywhere else. I love living here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love where I live. It's 10-15 minutes from everywhere I need to be except my office. :-( Other than that, it's great! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love where I live! I am in North Vancouver so I'm nestled in between the city and the forest and the ocean. It's perfect :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a pretty quiet neighborhood and it's really nice. I wish it was a little bigger to make it easier to take strolls and bike rides though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I live out of the town. Love it and am pretty happy here.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks so nice and quiet and peaceful. And, that you can still use public transportation is nice!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I used to live in new York and New Jersey. It was cold enough there without having moved to Canada! Brrrr. I love the Bungalows.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You live in a beautiful area. We have a bit different scene with cactus, lizards, and the sun lol. I do love it so much though.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The bungalow style houses are my favorite. Those trees look pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I would love a bigger house. We are a little crammed with 3 kids. We will be moving next year so I will relaly be hoping for a place with 4 bedrooms and a basement!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So pretty! I can't believe I've been to Quebec twice but never Toronto. I would love to visit one day.

    ReplyDelete
  12. We moved to a busier part of the city. I hated it at first, but now 6 years later, I am so happy where we are. I wouldn't go back if they paid me!

    ReplyDelete
  13. We moved to a very large city from a town of only 50,000 and it was quite an adjustment. That was many years ago. I don't know if I can say I love where I live but I do like quite a few things about it. I do enjoy my house.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Back in 2003, I visit a friend in the Chicago area and her house was palatial. As I drove home, I remember praying and telling God I didn't need a huge house, or anything fancy, I just wanted a modest home on a quiet cul de sac where I could raise children without worrying about the neighbors. Three years later I married my husband and moved into the home I had prayed for. I love where I live.

    ReplyDelete
  15. It's always wonderful to love where you live! I love where we live when it's not winter.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I live in the suburbs of Atlanta. I so love where I live because there is a lot to do- but also a quick escape to go to the mountains!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I think everyone of us has this feeling of resentment every time we move to a new location. I mean, this is part of the reconditioning ourselves and readjusting to the new environment. However, there are just some places that are easier to love than others. :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. We love where we live too. It's very rural and I now live in the old farmhouse that I grew up in. I'm lucky to be able to raise my family where I was raised. Not many people can say that!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I absolutely do love where I live (New Jersey). My husband complains frequently that he wants to leave and I tell him there's n way I will.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I do love the area I live in. It is very diverse and has a lot to offer, plus there's a lot to do.

    ReplyDelete
  21. The area you're living in how is quite beautiful! I'd love to wake up to that everyday-I'm sure it would have a positive impact on my mood, too :) Unfortunately I do NOT like where I live. Illinois in general really sucks and that combined with the fact I've lived here for most of my life, I'm ready for a change!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Your neighbourhood looks perfect. I can just see the kids playing.

    ReplyDelete
  23. i like living in ct. we are in a very rural suburb of hartford and we don't even have sidewalks in town!! i LOVE our little town. even if i don't love all of our neighbors...-

    ReplyDelete
  24. That looks like a beautiful area! I love both the greater Atlanta metro area and my specific zipcode of Decatur. Some have called Decatur "Mayberry meets Berkley," and there couldn't be a better description.

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love where I live but it is not my dream home. It looks like a great area where you live

    ReplyDelete
  26. I do love where I live. Yes I think it makes a huge difference in my disposition. My city is small and I live in a smaller neighborhood.

    ReplyDelete
  27. That would have been such a huge change! Glad you like it now!

    ReplyDelete
  28. What a cute little area! I love taking walks around our neighborhood, it really can change your mood completely.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Your area is so lovely! I agree - it is so important to love where you live! It's wonderful that you are taking the time to pay attention to all of the little details (and document them!) I'm finally happy in our neighborhood, but it's taken 8 years for us to find the place where we "belong." :)

    ReplyDelete
  30. I live in Los Angeles and wouldn't have it any other way. I'm sure moving to such a big city was a huge change for you. Glad you found a place that makes you happy! I do think loving where you live makes a big difference.

    ReplyDelete
  31. What a serene looking place. I would love to walk around the area with the kiddos.

    ReplyDelete
  32. I actually liked where I lived up until about a year ago. I had one neighbor that made living where I live unpleasant and then we got another set. Now my house smells like weed every other day because that's what they smoke and with my kids both being asthmatic it is no fun that they can't enjoy their home.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Hover Pin It Code

 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design