HEADER PHOTO

HEADER PHOTO

Washable Swim Diapers!

Saturday, May 31, 2014


 Tomorrow is June 1st and the weather is warming up so I thought I would post about Swim Diapers!

For the past few years we have used AppleCheeks washable swim diapers for our youngest 3 children. Not only do we never not have to worry about running out, or not having anything on hand for an impromptu swim or trip to the splash pad but we don't have to put disposable swim diapers on their bums. Which is extremely important to me. Why would we do that when we are trying to stay away from disposables and all the chemicals in them? So crazy not to have swim diapers too, at least to me!

Well, we do! Lots of them!

They go on like our normal AppleCheeks. But fit a little differently. Because of not using inserts they generally fit bigger therefore sometimes if your baby would be in a size 2 regular AppleCheeks diaper they could fit into a size 1 swim diaper. This has been the case with us. Jayden was the only one to fit into size 2 swim diapers, but he has since moved on to just swim trunks -- Jackson is still so tiny, he fits into 1s nicely and even with Justin's huge chunky belly and thighs he fits nicely into them too (on the same snaps, go figure!)
 

You may be wondering well what catches the pee since these swim diapers are just a mesh material (two actually! Outside coloured and the inside white!) NOTHING! Did you know disposable swim diapers don't catch pee either? Sure, they may get huge and absorb tons of water and you may see some yellow in there but don't be fooled. No swim diaper is absorbent, they are meant to catch and hold solids. That's it and AppleCheeks swim diapers do just that!


So if you think you may swim a lot or play in a water table, head to the beach or even just keep the kids home to run through the sprinkler a few times this summer why not try a reusable, washable swim diaper? Why not try AppleCheeks? Why waste your money on something you will throw out and will end up in a landfill for the next 25+ years. Also, how cute are these?  With no harmful chemicals either!

To wash simply throw them in with your diapers or even with your swim wear. You can even just rinse by hand and hang them up to dry. They dry really quickly. They are really great and easy to care for! Simple, huh?:)

For more information on AppleCheeks and AppleCheeks swim diapers please visit the official website at http://applecheeks.com.

Disclosure: although I am an employee of AppleCheeks I was a customer longer before an employee. These are my own opinions and I was not asked to write this, these opinions and posts are solely my own.

23 comments:

  1. We use cloth diapers, too, and this year is the first year I've had to think about swim diapers. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw swim diapers look adorable. No kids here but something I can consider for my pregnant sister when the baby is born for next year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So nice that they are not throwaways. Much better for a childs skin that disposables.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't use cloth diapers back in the day, but these would have been nice :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I see $ savings right here! I have seen these and they are such a great idea and cute !

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so glad to see our pools offering the washable diapers this year. It's such a smarter investment instead of running through the disposables. They're not cheap.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is a great swim apparel for little one. Cute also.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I remember when my daughter was in diapers, swimming was a nightmare! I'm glad to see that diapers have improved since then!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love swim diapers! Way better than disposables.


    Boba + Pearls

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gosh, I had no idea the pee doesn't stay in the disposable! I should change my thinking when we go to splash parks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Christie, I had no idea either at first!!!

      Delete
  11. How cute! The pics are so lovely! And the diapers look really cute, too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. no one seems to tell new parents that swim diapers don't absorb wet. i know at least 5 friends who learned the hard way when they got their little ones ready for the pool at home and had a wet car seat!!

    we loved our cloth diapers. all of them

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your kids are so cute! Swim diapers have come a long way since my kids were little!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You make me not want to let my kids swim in a pool where the little ones have disposable diapers on. Ewww.

    ReplyDelete
  15. We used a different brand of swim diapers (a reusable diaper) the past two years, and have them again this year. I love them because they're eco-friendly, super cute and comfortable for my boy!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ewww.... I had no idea about the swim diapers not absorbing pee. I think we will be steering clear of pools filled with diaper wearers! These cloth diapers sure are cute though.

    ReplyDelete
  17. These swim diapers are really cute but more importantly they are just plain smart to use. I love the name Apple Cheeks.

    ReplyDelete
  18. This would be a great diaper for my grandbaby. Her mama uses cloth diapers, so I think she'd really like this idea, and I bet she hasn't heard of it yet. Sending her the link.

    ReplyDelete
  19. That is an amazing idea! I need these for my toddler.

    ReplyDelete
  20. My kids are almost out of the diaper stage all together. My son never poops in the pool- we would get away with one of these!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I think swim diapers are a pretty cool invention. I am not 100% sure they were around when my daughter was in diapers.

    ReplyDelete
  22. These sound like what I need for my own toddler. We plan on doing a lot of water activity this summer and this would be awesome.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Hover Pin It Code

 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design