HEADER PHOTO

HEADER PHOTO

Three things you don't want to say to mom's of many...

Tuesday, December 31, 2013

  • 3. "Are they all yours?" - I really want to respond with something sarcastic and funny when I'm asked this. Truth is I am just so tired of this question.  I usually just smile and say yes. I don't ever think of anything witty or sarcastic at the time I'm asked. Only time I say anything is when that question is followed by a remark after I answer "wow, that's a lot" why yes it is, thanks for reminding me.... Or  "Wow! You don't look old enough, are they ALL yours?" Really? Yes they are. People think I should take it as a compliment that people think I look so young but in reality it gets super annoying super quickly when it's commented on All.the.time.
  • 2. "Are you going to have MORE?" - I never answer this question. I smile and carry on. I feel it's no ones business and the mere fact is this question is asked to even moms of 1 and 2. Sometimes people ask it WHILE someone is pregnant. Why? I know in my situation it is usually rudely asked. "Gee, 6... Are you having MORE?" What is so bad about 6? Or 7? If you think it's too many that's fine, they are mine not yours. This one still blows my mind. As long as we love them and they are well cared for I don't see the problem. Perhaps if we couldn't do it or were struggling but we aren't, and we do everything ourselves so this question, just quit it!
  • 1. The worst question of all: "Are you getting your tubes tied or is he getting snipped??" - um hello! Could a more personal question be asked? I find this the worst of all. I don't get it.  Why should I undergo surgery because you think so, because you think I have too many kids? I don't know if this one is jealousy or what, but it to me is the worst. I get asked this a ton. From people I don't see, ever. Clearly they don't see my everyday life or know what I do or go through with my kids so to me this is just a rude question. What business is it of anybody else's how many kids I want? Do you ever help me? Do I ask you for anything, besides maybe an ear every once in a while IF that? (And it's usually never regarding my kids I need an ear for fyi)

These of course are questions I get often and bug me. I'm sure others could add to it, or even disagree but as a young mom to six kids these are the top three questions I get asked the most. I don't think they would bug me as much if they were just randomly asked but it seems every time we go out we hear #2 and #3 which really gets tiring after a while. #1 I get less often, but it's my biggest pet peeve. Perhaps if the people asking #1 were around more than say once a year I wouldn't be bothered by it but they aren't, and online people ask that too! I just can't believe it. Sometimes it's best to keep your comments to yourself, and maybe only ask these questions to someone you are close enough to ask or just don't at all. Family is different, they can basically say whatever they want - even if it does seem a bit odd, but they are family!

I get that six is a lot, and not for everyone. I do. But, for me? for us? it's perfect. It's a perfect number and I love my family. The bigger the better, the more love!

Do you have any that could be added to this list? I would love to hear some things people ask you. If so, leave them in the comments I will share in an upcoming post!

7 comments:

  1. I get the "how old are they, you don't look old enough" all the time. When I was pregnant with Jayde and a waitress, so many people had so many rude comments, I was married but couldn't wear my ring and people had such rude things to say. My Gramma makes comments all the time at the amount of kids some people have, yet she came from a family of 11.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I couldn't agree more with everything you wrote I get this all with two kids! People and their mouths they need to be aware it's so absurd when it comes to other peoples lives and children

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was just talking about this with my mom last night, actually - she had five kids in six years, and was saying how it annoyed her when she was always asked, "Are they all yours?" People often asked her if she was running a daycare. I only have two littles myself right now, but am looking forward to having more, and I completely agree with how annoying it is when people ask the most personal questions about the reproductive plans of my husband and I. It's none of your business, dude! For me, the most bothersome statement I get is, "Oh, you have a boy and a girl, you must be done," as if having each gender automatically completes our family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have 3 sons, and we are always asked "are you going to try for a girl?" Why? Because no one could *possibly* want 3 sons, right? Grrrrr.

      Delete
  4. I'm sorry that people bug you so much. No, it isn't anyone's business, and yes I agree with you, it *is* very rude. But good for you that you smile and carry on. :-) <3 Not a lot of people would be able to handle themselves as well. Happy New Year!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hate that people bother you with this so much! It's not anyone's business at all. They should just leave you alone. I tend to ignore people all the time.


    chevrons&anchors

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha. I get asked these questions all the time! And I only have 3! The worst was when if was pregnant with my second and my daughter was 13/14 months. The nurse at the OB office asked "You know how this happens right?" I was like Wow. Really?

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Hover Pin It Code

 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design