HEADER PHOTO

HEADER PHOTO

Fun Filled Weekend!

Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Where do I begin?

Saturday morning was the Great Cloth Diaper Change & that night a pretty big AppleCheeks dinner!

The Great Cloth Diaper Change was held at the Direct Energy Centre here in Toronto. I'm so glad I was able to participate for a 2nd year! At 11a a whistle blew and all of us changed our babies at the exact same time into cloth diapers!

Here I had just finished changing Justin's bum and holding him up for the group "we did it!" Shot!


This was also a day of firsts for me because it was the first time I nursed Justin while babywearing! More specifically the ring sling! I was even able to shield him from the wind with the tail of the fabric and it worked perfectly. He fell asleep and slept the whole way home!

We sat right outside the Direct Energy centre where the cloth diaper change was and I was able to nurse him right there!
 

After the change Jordan and I went for lunch then we came home and I tidied up wasting time for our big dinner.

You see, co-owner of AppleCheeks - Ilana, who is also my boss was in town for the weekend so there was a dinner event created on Facebook in her honour. We went to a Mexican place to eat. There was a ton of AppleCheeks fans and friends and it was a great time! I finally got to meet some people I had been waiting a very long time to meet!

I was completely out of my comfort zone, felt a little out of place at first but once Ilana arrived all was right. She lights up a room and any ounce of nervousness I had instantly left. When she walked in, everyone cheered and it was like we had all known her forever! At least I felt that way, it was like seeing an old friend for the first time in a long time - because we've known each other over 2 years online and via Text! It's something I never thought would happen, but now that it has I wish we all lived in the same City (and Country for that matter, BETH AND KATIE MOVE HERE!) because it would be incredible to be able to actually work together in one building!

It was a really great night. Although I will say I wasn't too fond of our waiter at Playa Cabana Cantina here in Toronto. I found him to be rather rude, short and not at all personable like I am used to {my husband works in restaurants, and I couldn't imagine him ever being like this guy!} the good was wonderful though which makes up for the waiter being less than stellar.

If you have Instagram and are interested I posted a ton of a photos from that night. It was a ton of fun and I really hope we can do it again! Here are two of my favorite pics from that night.....


 I hate this photo of myself, but Ilana looks flawless and perfect as usual :)


Hey look! Heidi was there too!!! (photo cred: Katy!)
Then Sunday Ilana came over - got to meet all my kiddos and we went out for dinner just the two of us. We got to talk about work and basically everything we could think of! We were at the restaurant for over 2 hours. Then it was time to go home, she took me home and we sat in the car for a bit longer chit chatting. I can honestly say she is beyond what I imagined. She is so full of life, and happiness just pours out of her all over and you can't help but feel wonderful when with her! AppleCheeks fans - If you ever get a chance to meet Ilana, do it! Shes incredible.

I can't wait for the day I get to meet Amy, and hopefully one day Beth and Katie too. That would be absolutely amazing!

Great weekend, Great memories!

5 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had an AMAZING weekend! Loved seeing all your pictures and happy faces :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you have such a great time, loved looking at all your photos!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love stuff like this, I wish they'd come out to Calgary (or make it more advertised if they do!) so I could participate! Since you're the only one that I know who does the sling thing, I was wondering if you knew if it could be used with older children? I'm really wanting to get a wrap for my daughter who is very wee and will only be two. I love wearing her but sometimes the Ergo feels like so much pack, and I'd just like to put her in a wrap and whip out the door.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Claudia!
      Yes! You can absolutely use a wrap for an older child! Not a stretchy wrap but a linen or woven would be perfect! I used this one to carry Jackson out shopping the other day and he was absolutely loving it! So comfy and cozy for them:) and he will be 3 on the 11th of May!

      Delete
    2. Thanks so much for getting back to me! I've been looking for a woven one. I have a Moby wrap and that is just WAY too stretchy for anyone bigger than about 12lbs :) Thanks again, mama :D

      Delete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Hover Pin It Code

 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design