HEADER PHOTO

HEADER PHOTO

What's Hair Got to do With Anything?

Thursday, May 15, 2014

So, I made the decision last week all my boys needed hair cuts. Usually I trim them at home but lately I just don't have the time, and to be honest it never looked too decent after I did it.

I decided I would take Jayden and Jordan first, then Jackson. I would need P to help me with Jackson at the salon so we'd go today when the kids are in school, no big deal.

Last night I took Jayden and Jordan.

Super cute, right?

Jayden got his first official real cut ever. Jordan, got his usual Ronaldo.

Poor Jayden needed his glasses for this pic but that's ok! Still adobs.

I got so fed up with people thinking Jayden was a girl so we decided together that he would get this cut. He loves it. I think it's adorable, and as long as he likes it then who cares what others think.

Jackson went this morning. It was LONG over do. Jackson's hair no matter what you do to it looks a mess. 5 minutes after a nice spray and comb his hair looks like a big ol' mess. But we don't really mind. Doesn't mean others didn't make comments, call him a girl or even flat out ask "did you brush his hair today?"

Rude. Simply put, rude.

Here is his before:

Long and scragly, right? This was after he had a tub this morning, hair washed, brushed and detangled!

Now here's his new cut:

I absolutely love it! I won't lie I will absolutely miss his long locks. They were him, but this is the new him. Even though he looks so much older, he will always be my itty bitty baby boy!

My kids have amazing hair. It's not too thick and frizzy like mine. It's curly and yes, always looks messy. So what? They are who they are.

Why chop off gorgeous locks because OTHERS feel it's inappropriate that his hair looks a mess or is "too long" If it's that big of a concern, then obviously the problem isn't with the child.

I've never been one to focus on my looks, I make sure my kids are decently dressed for school - - which doesn't ALWAYS happen because the 3 older ones like to dress themselves and let's face it 10, 7 and 6 - they sometimes mismatch BIG DEAL.

I do my best to have my girls hair sprayed, combed and up every.single.day but it doesn't always stay up. When it comes down? It looks a mess too. That's how their hair is. BIG DEAL.

My biggest concern? Having happy, healthy kids. And guess what? THEY ARE. They don't care what their hair looks like or if their clothes match EXACTLY. After a long day of school they don't care that they've played long and hard, that they have grass stains on their pants and mustard on their shirt - they are KIDS. All, mommy has a stain stick.

My point here is, a hair style, cut or brush or mismatched socks and top doesn't matter to the small child that is happy with who they are and they don't care if they aren't "perfect" because they are kids. It's the adults who need to take a lesson from these kids who are carefree and not as judgemental because it's us as adults who make them that way and that's sad..... Kids need to be kids, and not judged by adults who have nothing better to do.

We often wonder why kids make fun of other kids clothes, hair, make up or whatever - and this is a great example. When do kids turn into judgemental kids who think it's one way or no way? How did that happen? :/

33 comments:

  1. Looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Their hair looks great!! We plan on growing Ryker's hair. People can talk all they want, Nick's hair is almost longer than mine so to my kids it's normal for Daddy to have long hair.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think their hair looks great! They look so much older! I hate when people always comment like that. Birdie's hair always looks like a fro. But she loves it, she's happy. So I don't care ;)


    Boba + Pearls

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love her hair! People need to hush, I try to tame all my kids hair it gets tiring after a while hahah trims for all!

      Delete
  4. They are ao cute!i get tried of the comments too my daughters hair is always just all over the place and I brush it so much it doesn't matter. I've started telling people thanks and walking away when they say any thing it's usually people who think they are abov everyone else and their kids can't be kids because getting dirty while having fun just isn't acceptable!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I completely agree! Kids need to be kids and if we dote on how they look 247 I believe, it sends the wrong message! I try, and most of the time fail. Curly hair is curly! The comments aren't nice :/

      Delete
  5. My sister in law kept my nephew's hair long for quite a while despite the fact that more people thought he was a girl than a boy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I personally like the long hair. My nephew has longer hair and it really suits him and his personality. Your boys are super duper cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your boys looks so hip! If your youngest's hair is a tangly mess no matter what you do, you did a great job of managing the problem and getting him a "big boy" cut.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! They all seem to love their new 'dos!

      Delete
  8. Now that is a great looking bunch. Their healthy and that is important.

    ReplyDelete
  9. They are so cute!!! I love his "big boy" cut! My nephews all have curly hair and yes they wear it long and everyone thinks they are girls. Especially the oldest, who keeps his hair in a ponytail (most days) and they middle wears his shoulder length. Some days it gets a bigger due to their curls and perhaps frizz, but that's the beauty of it. As long as they are happy and you are happy—that's all that matters!

    ReplyDelete
  10. They look great with their haircuts! We recently had to cut my girls' hair and it needs a little touching up!

    I really try to not worry about what other people say, but it's hard sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  11. How adorable! The hairstyles are pretty hip. They look re

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sorry I hit send a bit too soon. I was saying that their haircuts really look nice. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. They look like they are ready for summer with their new short dos! And, it is always makes them look so much older when you cut off the baby locks. I remember putting that off as long as I could, but you are right he is still your baby.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I know how your son felt.. when I grew up people thought I was a boy.. ARGH!!! I think school starts kids off w learning to judge... The influence of others is not always good.

    ReplyDelete
  15. They all look fantastic and have great haircuts.

    "When do kids turn into judgemental kids who think it's one way or no way? How did that happen? :/"

    I am not sure but parenting or lack there of has to have something to do with that. I know kids can really give in to peer pressure and say and do things that they normally do not do at home and are discouraged from doing at home.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the after! I just took mine for a hair cut. I usually cut my son's at home like you mentioned you do. Nothing like having a professional do it though. Yay to the "new him".

    ReplyDelete
  17. Their haircuts came out great! So far I've only cut my daughter's hair at home. Probably next year she'll be ready for the salon.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Very dapper! My kids both need haircuts... I hate dragging them in by myself!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Their new haircuts look super sharp. It is a shame that people make rude comments out of turn.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Very precious haircuts! My husband just gave my toddler his first haircut. Needless to say we will have to get it redone in the upcoming weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I like all of their cuts. They're a little bit edgy and super cute.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Our hair is an important part of our appearance. It is important to be able to find our own unique style and way of doing things.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Thank you everyone! I was going to respond to everyone one by one, but instead opting to say a big THANK YOU! The boys love their new 'dos:)

    ReplyDelete
  24. They look so cute with their new hairstyles! My little guy had long curls too. We got them cut when he went to school.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Aw! What adorable little boys! Their haircuts turned out so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Cute pictures. Love that you got to capture their "first" haircuts!

    ReplyDelete
  27. They look adorable. I have a rough time with this as well. I try to hold out until Charlie tells me he needs a hair cut.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Beauty is only skin deep and inner beauty is what matters most.

    A nose job is really well-known due to the fact people
    think that any difficulties with it are very apparent to other folks simply because of its vantage position proper in front of the
    face. Change your appearance in a better and attractive way by simply applying for cosmetic surgery loans.


    Also visit my web-site: facial plastic surgeon tulsa ok

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Hover Pin It Code

 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design